David D. Varner & Company
in conjuction with the Greensboro Chapter of IMA and the IMA Carolinas Council, a NASBA Registered Course Provider
Conducting a Fraud Risk Assessment & Implementing a Detection Methodology
This 8 hour workshop will guide the participant through the major phases, modules, and tasks necessary to conduct a fraud risk assessment for their organization and implement a detection methodology.
Click here to enroll.
This workshop will help you:
Topics covered include:
- understand the key components of a fraud risk assessment
- evaluate and define fraud risk elements by business unit and business process
- develop a fraud risk scoring and weighting methodology
- develop effective surveys and questionnaires and execute effective interviews
- create an efficient data compilation and analysis process
- write a persuasive fraud risk assessment report
- understand the components of an effective deterrence methodology
- identify red flags and other indicators of fraud
- develop an effective fraud examination and event response strategy
- communicate with Management about fraud risks and events
- Fraud Risk & Organizational Relationships
- Data Compilation & Analysis Techniques
- Implementing & Optimizing ACL for Fraud Detection (ideas & tips only)
- Fraud Detection Methodologies
- Fraud Examination & Event Response Techniques
- Interviewing & Interrogation Techniques
- Management Communications
- Do’s & Don’ts
||Lecture, Discussion, & Interactive Exercises - Group-Live
||Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced
||Fraud Examination - Forensic Auditing
||$85 if signed up before March 14, $100 afterwards
||Amount paid less $5 for written requests through March 15,
no refund after March 15.
David has extensive, hands-on experience within the manufacturing and financial services arenas, most recently serving as a Chief Audit Executive (CAE) reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. His experience includes assignments for organizations in the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
He offers a unique perspective on how organizations can find answers and implement solutions to problems affecting Internal Control, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance, Fraud, and Enterprise Risk Management. In addition, his sense of humor and “down to earth” philosophy towards business make him an engaging and entertaining speaker.
David earned his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Elon University and his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He also holds each of the following distinctive certifications:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Financial Manager (CFM)
He remains on the cutting edge of best practices through active participation in The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), and The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). He has also served as an officer of The Triad Chapter of The Institute of Internal Auditors.
|Institute of Management Accountants Carolinas Council is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
|For more information regarding concerns, please contact us through our web-site -- www.ima-gso.org